Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year

Happy New Year

I hope you had a splendid holiday break.  I sure enjoyed mine!

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful gifts given to me for Christmas.  I really appreciate them.  I sent home thank you cards with kids on Monday, so if you didn't get one, please ask your child.  I asked them to please share them you parents.

I would like to welcome our new student Sean.

In math we will test on long division with two digit divisors on Tuesday of next week.  We will review on Monday and a study packet with go home Monday night.  I would encourage you to work with your child this weekend.  There are some review sheets you can find from the free website  www.superteacherworksheets.com

In social studies, we are continuing our studies of The American Revolution.  We tested on the events leading up to The American Revolution, and now we are studying the events of the war.  We will most likely test a week from next Monday. 

Report cards will be issued next Friday.

I have a new behavior incentive for the new year.  Students work to earn credit towards movie Friday, which will be the last Friday of the month.  If a child has their choice card marked more than 2 times in a given week, they lost out on the movie. Warnings are over as far as behavior goes.  Example:  Students know they are not to talk in the hall, therefore their card will automatically marked.

We did not have an action for December because we did not have enough donations.  If you can, please send in any trinkets, candy, small toys, etc. that you think kids might like to bid on.  They enjoy this, but it simply can't happen without items. We basically have to stock up after each auction.  Thanks so much.


Please excuse any typos.  Thanks!