Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 20

WOW!  Thank you for the sweet treats and coffee gifts cards for Valentine's Day.  I felt so blessed!  I love teaching your children, and I appreciate that you appreciate me. :-)

I am going to be sending home a CRCT Practice Test packet in this Friday's folder.  It will have the log-in information needed.  The website is found on the school's website under the student link section.  The expectation is for your child to do 10 tests per week scoring 80% or higher on each test.  I will check these every Friday morning along with their reading log and agenda book.  This is just one additional step in helping to prepare your child for the CRCT. 

We have started a new Social Studies unit.  This unit picks up after the American Revolution with how our government was formed.  I have added study guides to the study guide section of this blog, so please do go ahead and start reading over the material with your child. 

My math class will test on Geometry on February 21st.  They are brining home Study guides on Feb. 20th. 

In language arts, we are reviewing parts of speech.

In reading we working on poetry, prose, and plays.


Word Study: Root: -ify Definition = to make
fortify, petrify, verify, unify, pacify, solidify, testify, horrify, magnify, mortify
Fry Words: open, other, over, paper, party
Math: Geometry (points, lines, line segment, rays angles, perpendicular and parallel lines)
Science: Force and Motion; Simple Machines
Simple Machines Book due Friday, February 22nd