Sunday, August 7, 2011

Meet Your Teacher Day


It was very nice meeting you at "Meet Your Teacher Day".  I appreciate you taking the time to come in and do all of the necessary paperwork.  The one plus for this year was the online registration.  This saved each of you a lot of time, and I heard many positive remarks about that system.

I hope you have had time to look through all of the papers I sent home with you on registration day.  Of course, if you are already visiting this website, it's probably because you found the web address in the paperwork I sent home.  :-)  In addition to the welcome packet from me, I hope you found the first assignment for your child.  He/she is supposed to bring in pictures to decorate their writer's notebook.  These are due by Wed. of the first week of school.  Thanks so much for helping with this.

For the last several years, I have used a blog type website to share classroom news with parents. I plan to do the same this year.  Basically, this sort of goes along with Burnette being a paperless school.  The weekly blog postings will serve as the class newsletter, as well as a means for me to communicate to parents throughout the week if I feel it necessary.  I would recommend that you subscribe to the blog so you will know when updates have been made. Please visit often in order to stay updated on the classroom happenings.

I am looking forward to a happy and successful school year.... one that is filled with lots of learning!


Please excuse any typos.  Thank you!